Wednesday 16 February 2011


Since school has started up again, life has been very busy. I use that as an excuse to use Facebook way more than this blog as a way to update people on what is going on.. however, I always feel like I'm doing a much better job when I take the time to write a few paragraphs, rather than have you check my Facebook for the last 30 status updates I've made... kinda lame. I'm sorry I'm not the best blogger, but I am going to continue to try to keep this things current on here. Have faith, and keep checking it from time to time!

Some changes recently-
*I've been staying in Campinas more on the weekends on account of having less holidays and three days weekends this semester. Although I haven't been traveling as much, it has forced me to get out and meet more people in my area, which is always a good thing. I've also met more people through an online expat group on Meetup.com. I'm slowly starting to increase my social connections, and having more fun on the weekends as a result.

* I started taking samba classes with Janelle and Lisa. Really fun, but still very difficult to do. Samba is sooo crazy fast! I hope I can one day do it justice...

* I joined a gym. I thought it was pretty necessary after being here 6 months and exercising, on average, maybe once every two weeks. Now I am going about 4-5 times a week, and I'm a running machine! I've been running about 25 Km a week. I want to do a marathon the next time Campinas sponsors one.

* I joined Interclass, my language school, on a rafting trip (pronounced "hafting" in Portuguese due to the "r", so it took me a while to figure out what I was being invited to.. haha)
Lisa, Janelle, and Tori (teachers from EAC) came with me, as well as a few families. It was in a town called São Luiz do Paraitinga, which I want to return to ASAP! A really cute historical city with very colorful houses (see picture above too):


During carnaval time
(considering this for next year's carnaval)

And here is a picture of us ladies in our rafting gear with one of my Portuguese teachers, Pierre.
His daughter is also my teacher, and a coordinator of the rafting trip. One of the nicest families I've ever met :)
Team "Fistipumpi"!

I will post more pictures of this trip later. Apparently there is also a video file of us going down one of the rapids. I'm getting it from Pierre on Friday, and then will post it.

Finally, I went airline crazy and bought a bunch of tickets to go visit people!
March 5-9 - CARNAVAL IN SALVADOR DE BAHIAAAAAA!
March 25-27- Visiting Daniel in Rio
April - Cordoba to see my folks
June- Santiago, Chile to see Luc! Montevideo, Uruguay for a day at the end of the trip.
July- Florida, NYC !

So excited :)

No comments:

Post a Comment